Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Kamal Kamaraju the Aayiram Vilaku Villain

Kamal Kamaraju the Aayiram Vilaku Villain

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 11, 2010 CATEGORIES: 
Kamal Kamaraju, the telugu star was recently in the city for the audio launch of Aayiram Vilaku is excited about his entry into Tamil cinema. I’ve always dreamt of Kollywood since I was a boy. When I graduated with a degree in architecture, I put down a list of 10 directors I want to work with and more than six of them were from Tamil," he laughs.

Kamal Kamaraju, who plays a negative role in this film, says he wanted to enter Tamil cinema with a different role and this proved just perfect. When I entered acting, I did it with the intention of playing different roles. I was from a non-filmy background and it took me a while to reach here, so I know the grind. And from the bottom of my heart, I always wanted to do a negative role. I've seen how actors like Prakash Raj leave an impression on the audience and it pricked me for long. I didn't want to be just a soft hero. I wanted to get into Tamil cinema as a villain and I've done just that, he says.

He seems to feel the kollywood to be a wonderful place. I've always wanted to be here and have lot of respect for the people here. Kollywood has produced legends like Mani Ratnam. I'm honoured to work here.

When asked what was his dream roles, the Kamal  immediately says,I wouldn't really ‘choose big roles but I want to go to a level where I can add my own style to a character like Rajinikanth does or Vikram did in Pithamagan and Raavanan.Of course, there are some dream roles. I'd like to play an emperor in a period film, he smiles.

Kamal does not reveal much about his future projects either though there are a couple of films in Tamil and Telugu but he is sure to make a mark in Tamil cinema first,

No comments:

Post a Comment