Thursday, August 12, 2010

Shanthnoo Bhagyaraj on Aayiram Vilakku


THURSDAY, AUGUST 12, 2010 CATEGORIES:  ,  , 

Shanthnoo Bhagyaraj,debut film, Sakkarakatti, may not  have received lukewarm response, but for debutant  it did the necessary trick.Yes It was Shanthnoo Bhagyaraj who was initially approached by Sasikumar to play Paraman in ‘Subramanaipuram’ but since Sakkarakatti was in the making for two years he was unable to be a part of the film. The actor,now after completing a Angel John  in Malayalam with Mohanlal, is back with a bang with Aayiram Vilakku directed by Hosimin, where veteran actor Sathyaraj is his co-star. He speaks to DC in an exclusive interview.


Everyone who spoke at the audio launch  of the movie were on praise about Shanthanu's role in Aayiram Vilakku, what is this role Shanthnoo reveals  I play a character that is in total contrast to my real self. Thanks to director Hosimin, who had the conviction that I would be apt to play Gopal, a local from Madurai. When I heard the script, I was very impressed and grabbed the opportunity. After starting the actual shooting, I realised that it was not as easy as I thought. I did a lot of homework for this film. I went to Madurai for the first time and spoke to a lot of people there and learnt their slang. Even for dubbing, one of the director’s friends, who is from Madurai, taught me every dialogue and its pronunciation.


How was it like to share screen space with a veteran like Sathyaraj?
Initially, I was very nervous. He plays a powerful don whose character changes after he meets me. I have always known him as Sibi’s dad and was very apprehensive about how I would look next to him on-screen. But believe me, he was so down-to-earth from day one and made me feel so comfortable. He asked me to treat him like a newcomer once the camera was switched on. He instilled a lot of confidence in me and that’s the reason we were so comfortable with each other.

Tell us about your heroine, Sana Khan?
(Smiles) She is a very good dancer. She has some significant scenes in the first half. Though she had difficulty in understanding the language, her lip-sync was right in tune.

Any one you would credit the success behind the role?
 All the credit goes to my dad, Bhagyaraj, who chiseled me when I was doing his film Siddhu + 2. It gave me so much experience that I felt like I had worked for ten films. Added to that, I have worked as an assistant director to my dad in that film. That helped me improvise many times in Aayiram Vilakku. My next flick, Kanden, is a rom-com directed by Mukhil, a former associate of Prabhu Deva.

No comments:

Post a Comment